
Last night I went to the Blue October concert at the Meridian in Houston. They put on an awesome show and I had a great time. It was a wonderful birthday present from my mom. But the concert wasn't the end of my present. Justin, the lead singer, and Jeremy, the drummer, are from Houston and their aunt is a family friend of ours. At their aunt's Christmas/birthday party, I met their parents. So we hung out with them during the concert and then afterward their parents took us to meet them!! I was pretty much ecstatic. It was awesome. They were so nice! Justin apologized to us for cussing on stage. He said he's really a gentleman.
I really enjoy hanging out with their parents during the concert. It was so interesting to watch them watch their sons. They know all the words to the songs and dance like teenagers. When Justin dedicated one of the songs to his dad, he jumped and yelled. Then they started playing "Hate Me." If you've never heard the full album version, the song starts with an actual voice mail his mom left him. When I heard that playing, I looked at her. Her husband put his arm around her and she got very serious. When Justin sang the lyrics, "Then she whispered, 'How could you do this to me?'" she nodded. It was just so cool to kind of be able to see their concert through the eyes of their parents. Their mom yelled "Good job, Jeremy!" and they were just so proud of their boys. The whole night was just so much fun and so great. I enjoyed it so much. The Furstenfelds - they're good people. I'm so glad I've gotten to meet them.
Oh, and a little trivia for you: Justin and Jeremy's mom plays herself in the video for "Hate Me." No, she's not dead. Really. Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia.
1 comment:
Color me jealous. Blue October is amazing. Justin is so inspiring for how open he is able mental illness and you can tell it is a passion of his to raise awareness. :-)
Post a Comment