Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I went into labor, had the baby, then thought, "Gee, that was easy."

The other day, as I was driving to a tennis lesson with my mom, she said I was pregnant. In her dreams, of course. She had dreamed the night before that I was pregnant and her thought was, "How could this have happened? I guess everybody makes mistakes." We thought that was pretty weird and laughed about it. It's not the first time I've been pregnant in dreams. I dreamed a few months ago that I gave birth and then left the baby at home and went to the grocery store or something. When I realized I had forgotten my baby, I rushed back home and found it between the couch cushions. I laughed that dream off too. But when I dreamed last night that I gave birth again, I decided to investigate it further. First, I'll tell you about that particular part of my dream. (My dreams are long and usually don't flow, so this was just one part before I skipped to a different part and dreamed I went dancing with Shelley. However, they do kind of connect. I was suddenly dancing with Shelley but I was thinking about how I had just given birth. Weird, huh?) So suddenly I'm pregnant. I give no thought to who the father is, apparently there is no father. All I know is that even though I'm not really showing, I'm very close to my due date and will go into labor any minute. My dad is the one who is supposed to drive me to the hospital when I go into labor. That, in itself, is ridiculous. I go into labor and feel just a lot of pressure in my body. I call my dad to come and get me, but he takes too long to get there and I have the baby wherever I am. I give birth and thought, "That was easy." It wasn't painful or difficult at all. Then, like I said, I was dancing with Shelley. I googled dream interpretations and what I found was that when you are pregnant or give birth in a dream and you are not actually pregnant in real life, it can suggest that you are giving birth to a new idea or project. Or a new attitude, fresh beginnings, or a major upcoming event. Also, it could be drawing attention to your inner child and the potential for you to grow. These interpretations make sense, considering all the changes going on in my life right now. Hopefully, the ease with which I had the baby will mean that it will be easy transitions and whatever new things come my way won't be overwhelming and too hard for me to handle.

No comments: